Lavender for a luxury laundry room
If you asked me to design a laundry room for you I’d place it on the ground floor if possible, with access to the outdoors. In Summer it is a treat to take the ironing board outside and enjoy the fresh air and if you like to dry clothes on a line it can be situated nearby. (Image above courtesy IKEA.)
Your laundry room would include:-
- Segregated bins for dirty washing to separate whites from coloureds and a special receptacle for muddy sports gear.
- White goods: washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Ironing table and iron.
- Plumbing: sink and taps.
- Drying cupboard for airing items before folding away.
- Linen cupboard to store freshly ironed items.
- Storage for washing powders and related products.
- Personal choice: radio, TV, coffee machine.
- Work surface area for folding and folded items.
- Seating: stool or chair.
A dedicated laundry room is indeed a luxury but many people live in a house with more than one spare bedroom and I wonder if the smallest could be better used? I would decorate it in pastel colours with lots of fresh whites and the air would be full of the scent of lavender.
Sounds good? Wait no longer! Get in touch to book a home visit and turn your dream into a reality.